Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Support Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Lincoln. The key function of the role is to provide hands on Network, Voice and Security 2nd/3rd level support, design and implementation function to the business while making sure that not only the network and servers are functional but helping with other IT related problems we encounter.
You will take ownership of the network by diagnosing and correcting issues, delivering changes to support continuous improvement, and identifying and delivering new solutions.
You will also deliver user training and advocate and encourage company best practice.
Responsibilities: Network Support Engineer
- Design, configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN/Voice/Security equipment and related services. This includes Firewall, Wi-Fi, and switch technologies.
- Ensuring all technologies are updated, optimised, and running
- Managing and resolving incidents as they occur, liaising with 3rd parties and adhering to agreed business SLAs.
- Performing analysis on core network devices to determine baselines, bottlenecks, and forecasts for capacity planning, using available tools to proactively monitor the state of the networks.
- Play a key role in projects requiring change and development to the company’s network and infrastructure, focusing on the technical aspects of design and implementation.
- Assist in tier 2+ IT Service Desk issues.
- Maintaining high level of support documentation, detailing the current design, topology, and support mechanisms to help improve resolution times.
- Ensure security through the systems and network.
- Participate in the out of hours on-call Rota.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining IT policies and procedures e.g., disaster recovery plan
- Perform on site audits of equipment, documenting findings, improvements, and risks.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation.
- Skills & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of MPLS technologies, DNS/DHCP and Network Management.
- Working knowledge of Security technologies such as IDS, IPS, VPNs, and firewall policy management.