LOCATION – Buckingham
SALARY – £40,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for an Operations Manager on a permanent basis in the Buckinghamshire area within the manufacturing industry. Your main duties will include overseeing the manufacturing operation including the responsibilities of planning, supply chain, quality, and manufacturing. This would also be well suited for a Manufacturing Manager looking to take a step up.
The Operations Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as an Engineer.
- Previous experience working as an operations manager within manufacturing.
- Proven experience of improvements made within a manufacturing business.
- Solid knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement, or Six Sigma.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and other members of management.
- Knowledge of various assembly and manufacturing environments.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- Qualifications in Six Sigma – Advantageous.
- Exposure to profit and loss – beneficial but nor essential.
- Overseeing the responsibilities for Manufacturing, Supply chain, Quality and Planning.
- Drive an attitude of continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Taking a “hands on” approach within business and manufacturing improvements.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Working with other management to ensure budget and delivery targets are met.