Job Title: PLC / Process Control Engineer
Rate: £35,000 - £45,000 + Package
I am seeking a PLC / Process Control Engineer to join a small family run company based in Devon.
They are a family run company that has been established for over 20 years, who has seen continual growth despite all challenges.
This company is recession and COVID proof as they specialise in providing cleaning and hygiene solutions for the food and beverage industry.
The position has become available as the company requires help meet the growing demand for both our equipment supply and maintenance services.
The successful candidate would split their time between the employers two Devon sites but would be required to travel to their other sites across the UK on occasion to support breakdowns, upgrades, various project work and commissioning of newly installed equipment.
- To work with the electrical engineering team to ensure systems are delivered on time and to exacting specifications
- As plc programmer, to build robust programs (including associated documentation)
- Design, program & test HMI screens and SCADA systems
- Use automation software and programming language (see below)
- Work on standardizing and testing programming
- Provide ongoing technical support and troubleshooting
- Support our continuous development approach to R&D & programming improvements
- Liaise with engineers and directors to ensure system requirements are met
- Experience of control system programming (conventional/PLC's) - knowledge of BnR, Rockwell, Siemens and Schneider would be advantageous
- Experience with motor control & process instrumentation
- SCADA systems - experience with Citect, Vijeo Citect, Proface or Schneider HMI would be a distinct advantage
- Communication networks and protocols (serial, Profibus, Ethernet)
- Familiarity with standard industrial electric LV (low voltage control panel) infrastructure.
- Qualified to HND level, ideally degree
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to write code
- Understanding of construction and production methods and processes
- Strong understanding of electrical, software engineering principles
- Good interpersonal skills
- Driving Licence
- Salary up to £45,000 per annum
- Comprehensive, industry specific training
- Sick Pay
- Pension scheme
If you feel you are suited for this PLC / Process Control Engineer position, then please apply with your C.V. to email@example.com