SALARY- £45,000-£50,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Production Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Plymouth area. The successful candidate will have good experience with leading large teams in a fast paced environment within Machining and Assembly.
The Production Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- HND level qualified preferred or work based time served in Production Manager role
- Knowledge of MRP scheduling systems
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt beneficial
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes (Machining and Assembly)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrative background in people and Leadership
- Ability to self manager, organise and prioritise tasks
- Plan manpower requirement in order to achieve production targets in compliance with the production plan
- Ensure production targets and the production plan are clear and communicated to team leaders on a daily basis
- Responsible for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and component parts
- Identify variances to production targets, for example: quality issues, breakdowns, people performance.
- Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements highlighting any discrepancies on the system.
- Undertake overall responsibility for training of operators within production and maintain training records
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements on a regular basis and align any discrepancies on the system.
- Team management, including coaching, motivation, appraisals, reviews, KPI’s, one-2-one meetings, disciplinary matters and grievances as required.
- Management of budgets, including overtime, headcount, department costs aligned to customer demand requirements and demonstrate the ability to flex costs accordingly.