SALARY- £50,000-£55,000 plus other benefits
My client is looking for a Production Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Salisbury area. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing.
The Production Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree level qualified, Ideally Chemical background
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP scheduling systems
- Forward thinking perspective
- Electro-mechanical experience
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Change agent, create buy in for new ideas
- Proven successful leader
- Assist in implementation of road map and daily and weekly metrics aligned with customer demand which supports operational strategy in conjunction with site manager
- Manage staff attendance & holiday entitlement
- Participate in daily production meetings to keep up to date with business needs
- Raise any issues online performance and materials availability that hinder the plan of customer delivery.
- Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements highlighting any discrepancies on the system.
- Keep in line with daily and weekly metrics aligned to customer demand which supports the operational strategy in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Ensure site operation is compliant on COSHH, Engineering & legislative standards, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Drive behavioural based safety throughout the plant and ensure medical treatment and target rates are adhered to.
- To take a lead role in Incident Investigations, follow up on actions, look for route cause (five whys) analysis.
- Conducts regular safety checks including guarding, interlocks, traffic ways and adherence to government guidelines including social distancing.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements on a regular basis and align any discrepancies on the system.
- Team management, including coaching, motivation, appraisals, reviews, KPI’s, one-2-one meetings, disciplinary matters and grievances as required.
- Management of budgets, including overtime, headcount, department costs aligned to customer demand requirements and demonstrate the ability to flex costs accordingly.
- Drive preventive maintenance programmes including servicing and repairs of all machinery and equipment
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.