Industry: Manufacturing, Electrical
Salary: £16,000 - £19,250 Depending on experience
Benefits Package: 21 days holiday plus stats per annum
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading manufacturer. Our client is based in Nottingham. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Production Operative to join the Manufacturing team on a temporary basis. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in setting, run and program HAAS CNC Milling machines
- Understand and follow the documentation generated for each SMT job.
- To identify SMT component types and confirm part description and part numbers between BOM (Bill Of Material) and picking list.
- Loading the pick & place carts with SMT components in accordance with the job pick list.
- Program the pick & place carts for each new job.
- Unload pick & place carts at job completion, label all components and return them to stores.
- Ensure that each job has the full compliment of documentation prior to the job being run.
- To provide assistance to the following areas of the manufacturing department; Hand assembly, Box build, Packing and Despatch.
- Any experience of small product assembly using basic hand tools
- Working in an ISO9001 environment would be advantageous
- Experience of working in an area handling static sensitive electronic components and assemblies
- Any previous experience in a batch-manufacturing environment
- Using PCs and software packages; Microsoft Word, Excel would be an advantage
- Providing support to manufacturing / production
- Working with others to resolve manufacturing and despatch difficulties
- Working in a multi product, mixed manufacturing environment
Any previous work within a technical manufacturing environment would be advantageous
Contracted Hours – 08:00 - 16:15 – two paid, 10 min tea breaks and one paid 20 min lunch break. 39 hour week.
If you could be interested in the role as a Production Operative, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.