TERM- Permanent candidates only
SALARY- £22,000 - £25,000per annum (4 day week)
We are looking for a Production Planner on a permanent based in the Plymouth area to with strong planning skills preferably in the Aerospace and Defence industry.
The Production/ Procurement Planner will ideally have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience of Production planning in fast pace manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems
- Experience with SQL and knowledge of relationship databases desirable
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Flexible, friendly and courteous
- Experience in manufacturing, preferably Aerospace & Defence
- Develops, maintain and communicate the production plan to achieve and exceed on time delivery targets.
- Rationalise descriptions on routings and parts
- Work closely with supervisors, analysing material and labour costs to ensure most cost effective method of production is being used
- Identifies any upcoming capacity issues and work closely with the relevant members of the team to offer solutions to these issues
- Creates and maintains jobs in line with the ERP system processes to ensure accurate WIP valuations and capacity planning.
- Liaising with internal customers to meet direct/indirect demand
- Drives customer focus throughout the business, communicates customer requests and expedites works orders when required.
- Ensures the shipping plan is maintained, including sales order information prior to shipments.
- Delivers capacity plans in line with the S&OP process, ensuring resource, training, materials and equipment plans are in place.
- Supports continuous improvements on the line, developing and building on existing processes to improve production flow, on-time starts and inventory accuracy.