Location - Staffordshire
Term - Permanent
Competitive Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
This role is a flexible role between home and the office in stone with travel to customer sites.
My client is looking for a Programme Planner to join their business on a permanent basis in the Staffordshire area. The ideal candidate will provide support to the programme management team in the planning and coordination of projects and programme activities. Ideal candidate will have experience of a project lifecycle in order to facilitate project planning.
- Working with the Programme Management team and Project Managers to produce and maintain detailed project plans and resource allocation plans using Microsoft Project.
- Provide detailed “what if” plans for assessment of impact of variations to payment milestones, completion dates, key dates etc
- Working with T&D sales team to provide detailed sales plans
- Maintaining and developing project implementation plans and spreadsheets for the whole T&D department to capture resource requirements, constraints etc.
- Coordination and liaison with field based implementation teams, providing support and ensuring pre-requisite information and materials are provided in a timely fashion
- Coordination and liaison with internal (shop floor build and purchasing) and external (BOM suppliers) supply chain for provision of installation materials to the agreed plan / work schedule
- Reporting progress, performance and commercial information to the Programme Management team.
- Checking timesheets, expenses relevant to the execution of the above detailed plans
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent skills/experience of Microsoft Project tools
- Experience & understanding of the planning requirements of NEC contracts
- Good skills/experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, databases
- Must either have SC Clearance or be able to gain clearance
- Experience of work planning / work allocation
- Experience of Earned Value
- Experience of P6 planner
- Experience of material procurement, supply chain, subcontractors and logistics
- Experience of working on projects within the T&D market
Personal Qualities (Essential):
- Must be able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple demands
- Willingness to learn and be pro-active
If you could be interested in the role as a Programme Planner, please apply with your latest CV as soon as possible along with your availability and salary expectation. Call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.