Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £36,500 - £46,000
Industry: Rotating Special Purpose Machinery
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client with a worldwide reputation of innovative solutions for power transmission measurement and test bed systems. Due to an increase in projects and new customers they are recruiting for a Project Engineer on a permanent employment basis. Innovative projects are delivered to high calibre customer within highly regulated industries such as; Aeros[ace, Automotive, Energy, Oil & Gas etc.
A Project Engineer will identify the technical challenges of various projects and derive appropriate solutions, coupled with the necessary organisational skills to lead projects within the allocated timescale and budget. You will be an excellent collaborator and able to build a strong rapport with our customers worldwide.
- To identify technical risks at the earliest opportunity and implement cost effective solutions
- Work with the engineering team to brainstorm and review potential engineering solutions. Proactively consult with other internal departments and teams as required
- Take ownership of multiple engineering projects with active involvement in a wide range of products
- Provide technical liaison from inception to realisation in the specification and / or design, development, and commissioning of customer and / or internal projects
- Diagnose faults and rectify to validate products to a high quality
- Ensuring designs meet all legislative requirements necessary and comply with company quality procedures
- Produce specifications, test documentation and instructions to accurate exacting standards and assist with commissioning products as required
- Qualified to either Batchelor or Master’s degree level in an engineering discipline with significant mechanical engineering content.
- Experience in technical design and CAD, with the ability to produce 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D sketches
- Initiative-taking and enthusiastic, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possessing excellent levels of detail and accuracy, and able to shoulder responsibility
- Microsoft packages, to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, to an intermediate standard. Experience of technical software packages would be desirable e.g., FEA & rotor dynamics
As an employee you will operate in accordance with our quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits. Support to apply and maintain IMechE membership will be available.
- Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
- Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!