Salary: £36,000-£38,000 (Dependent on experience)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kings Lynn, Peterborough
Premier Engineering have engaged with a market leading specialist in processing and handling equipment who have an exciting opportunity for a motivated purchaser to join their team.
The Purchaser will oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality, whilst working with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
Key Areas of Responsibility for the Purchaser
- Responsible for Purchasing Department, Goods-In Department and Quality Department
- Involved in sourcing components through existing and new suppliers (Raising orders via the bespoke system – ERP)
- Assisting the project buyers with the day-to-day procurement of items requested by the Workshop and Site teams.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with all teams as required.
- Responsible for all company hired machinery (Sourcing correct machinery with our suppliers: including lifting equipment, powered access, towers, tools, etc.)
- Maintaining order coverage for hired items and monitoring these on a spreadsheet.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as certification/qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
Skills and Ability of the Purchaser
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.
- Experience Purchasing in an Engineering environment is desirable.
Key Attributes of the Purchaser
- Professional and positive approach
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative
- Dynamic and Creative
If you are ready for your next opportunity with a company that has growth plans for the successful candidate already mapped out, Look no further! Get in touch today with the latest version of your CV!