Start date: ASAP
Job type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid (2 days in London/ 3 at home) or remote.
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 + bonus.
My client deigns financial technology systems and cloud native digital applications for investment managers . they provide integration and analysis capabilities across a wide range of investment and non-investment data. Essentially It enables our clients to gain insights into their data so they can better engage their customers, make intelligence-led decisions, and adapt their businesses as they grow.
They are looking to rapidly grow their business and they will be putting a lot of money into training the right candidate so this candidate can move up the ladder quickly and help the business grow.
As a software engineer you will be part of a growing team and will use Python and PostgreSQL. You will extract, transfer and load data and implement financial analytics across two solutions.
- you will be contributing to the design and development of a rich and flexible financial data aggregation and analytics engine.
- You will focus on building clean datasets which support the rich analytics that we provide to our clients. You will be directly contributing to the core engine of our platform and will influence its design and roadmap.
- The core engine is supported by web APIs which expose our analytics to a mobile app and an interactive front-end. So, in addition to the core engine, you will be contributing to the development of the back-end code and the creation of web APIs.
Bespoke software development: you will liaise directly with external clients to understand their data needs and then discuss with the wider team. You need to prepare these datasets and make them accessible to end users and report developers.
The successful candidate will have commercial experience in building software or analytics engine using Python.
- Data engineering in Python is essential.
- Python backend programming (web APIs) is essential.
- Need to have experience with PostgreSQL or any other relational database.
- Numerical skills and logical thinking.
- Distributed source code repositories (e.g., git or mercurial).
- Having experience with Azure would be a bonus.
- Having experience with Microsoft Azure would be a plus.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working.
- Training budget (There is huge room for training and progression)
- Employee share option plan.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send through your up-to-date CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equally, if there is anyone you know who would be a suitable fit, we at Premier have a competitive referral scheme of up to £500 for all successful candidates placed.