Quality Assurance Engineer
Based: Hoyland, Barnsley
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a QA Engineer to join our growing friendly team. The role is based at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Hoyland, Barnsley.
My client is one of the world’s leading privately owned designers and manufacturersin their sector, they are looking to expand by adding a Quality Assurance Engineer to their team.
The Quality Assurance Engineer Role requires team players with experience, skills and knowledge in QA within a manufacturing/fabrication environment. The role requires an individual with proven problem-solving abilities within a world class manufacturing team and facility.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide support to all operational processes in the development of and maintaining of Quality Systems and Procedure in line Standards.
- Support the development of a no-fault forward culture through the facilitation of problem solving resulting in the prevention of day-to-day quality issues.
- Provide measured data and analysis of data to support management decisions concerning quality performance.
- Provide effective containment and preventative action response to customer complaints affecting your assigned areas of responsibility.
Working Hours & Benefits:
- Day Shift: *Hours will be 07.30 - 16.30 Monday – Thursday & Friday 07:30 – 13.30
- Annual bonus (for indication only) based on recent average £500 per annum.
- 25 days holiday (increases with service, up to 30 days), plus bank holidays.
- Staff discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised refreshments (lunch and drink options).
- Free quarterly company lunches
- Free family events
- Health cover scheme for dental, optical etc. (Additional Membership available for Partners, paid for by employee. Kids membership included for free)
- 5% contributory pension
- Life insurance scheme
- ISO9001 Audit qualification.
- PCN Visual Weld Qualification Level 2 or 3 (this is a must)
- Experience in manufacturing practices; Welding/Fabrication, CNC Machining, Assembly, Finishing Processes and Pressing
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint also Access and Project but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
- Proven Problem-Solving experience, 5why, Ishikawa and 8D methods
- Experience of D.F.M.E.A. and P.F.M.E.A.
- Working knowledge of PPAP/APQP tools and methods
- Working knowledge of LEAN principles
- Understanding of Six Sigma D.M.A.I.C.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount