SALARY- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Quality Manager on a permanent basis in the Cornwall area with strong experience in ensuring Products & services are fit for purpose meeting both internal and external requirements to AS9100.
The Quality Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- 5 years experience in Quality control and assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of implementing ISO9001 and AS9100
- Ideally Degree qualified or HND level beneficial.
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate at all levels of business, verbally and written
- Driven and self-motivated, proactive and capable of spotting opportunities for improvement
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment or Six sigma
- Good problem-solving skills with use of RCA tools
- Innovative, creative and good leadership qualities
- Maintain the company’s accreditation to ISO9001
- Ensure products and services are fit for purpose and meeting external & internal requirements
- Help to specify and develop the Quality Management System and processes to follow, introducing new Quality Control systems and procedures where appropriate.
- Create Work Procedures, Forms, Templates and Reports as required by the business
- Preparation of deliverables such as Quality Plans, Method Statements, Inspection & Test Plans
- Identify, plan and conduct surveillance checks and audits to verify that management system and work processes are being properly performed, that the processes are delivering their intended outputs, and that evidence to demonstrate this is retained. Auditing will include supplier assessment audits.
- Ensure non-conformances in products and processes are properly managed, cause is properly identified, corrective and preventive actions are properly defined and implemented.
- Communicate directly with external customers to understand their product quality control requirements are adhering to these processes.
- Coach, motivate and challenge employees in the importance of quality and drive continuous improvement activities, supporting people to improve their processes and contribute to company-wide positive quality culture
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact of Quality Management Systems.