LOCATION – Newton Abbott
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £42,000 - £55,000
My client – an International manufacturer of bespoke Special Purpose Machinery is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join their operation on a Permanent basis in Newton Abbott.
The Controls Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
- 5+ Years’ experience within a similar Machinery Design position.
- Experience in Project Delivery / Design / Installation or Commissioning of Electrical Machinery
- Excellent PLC Programming experience (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell, Siemens S7 are preferred)
- Motion Control Programming background, and exposure to working with Servo Drives & VFDs.
- Electrical Circuit design capability.
The Controls Engineer’s duties will involve:
- PLC Programming for Motion Control Systems across Allen-Bradley or Siemens software.
- HMI Screen creation.
- Participating in Test Builds and onsite installations / commissioning.
- Leading a team of skilled Software and Electrical Engineers.
- Technical Support and service to a diverse customer base.
If you are interested in this Senior Controls Engineer role, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.