Salary: up to £45’000
Premier Group are currently engaged with a well-established client in the Birmingham area, who require Senior IT Technician to join their team following an expansion of the IT department.
The successful Senior IT Technician will be responsible for the Supervision of the IT team to ensure a well-functioning team, managing and coaching them as necessary on best practice and techniques. Leading and taking ownership of the provision, suitability and availability of IT infrastructure, hardware, telephony, systems support, security, and stability.
The role of Senior IT Technician will also include working occasional Saturdays, as well as working out of hours when required.
Senior IT Technician – Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for critical IT projects and upgrades, ensuring systems are kept up to date and are delivering the needs of the business to its customers.
- Acting as an effective escalation point for all issues connected with IT
- Building and maintaining influential, inclusive, and collaborative relationships with the Heads of Department, acting as an internal IT business consultant to enable them to deliver their strategic plans and objectives.
- Assisting with the development of the IT plan and roadmap, ensuring that it is always linked to the overall organisational strategy and objectives
- As part of the IT plan, involvement in specific projects
- ensuring opportunities are taken forward and delivered to agreed timescales, quality standards, and that all risks are addressed.
- Assisting in the production of the IT budget and spend, striving to realise demonstrable return on investment.
- Maintaining IT policies and ensuring that the organisation understands those IT policies, services, and best practice.
- Other duties as are required to ensure the provision, suitability and availability of IT infrastructure, systems support, security, and stability and keeping abreast of industry development and emerging technologies.
Senior IT Technician – Skills and experience
- Appropriate qualifications or experience
- Understanding of project management methodology
- Prior IT management experience at a senior level
- People management experience
- Budget management
- A strong commercial mind with experience of managing procurement processes, 3rd party providers and commercial contracts
Senior IT Technician – Technical Skills
This is a hands-on role, and the successful candidate will have sound knowledge and experience of:
- Operating systems including Microsoft and Linux
- IT Infrastructure
If you are an experienced Senior IT Technician looking for a new and exciting role, then please get in touch with Sam Hayward at Premier Group (Birmingham Office)
Not for you? Premier Group offer a referral reward of up to £500 if you can recommend a friend who we successfully place in these roles.