Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
My client is a specialist house builder seeking a candidate who is fully proficient in Revit, and ideally from an architectural technology background.
As a Senior CAD Designer (Revit) you will be responsible for developing design details for the modules that deliver the architectural ambitions of the business in a way that is both designed for manufacture and buildable.
The Senior CAD Designer (Revit) will be responsible for:
- Development of design details in a timely manner that are:
- Meet building regulations
- Consistent with the advice from the structural engineers
- Meet the architectural aspirations of the company
- Easy to manufacture
- Supporting the R&D function in the production of design detail and the creation of test specimens and partially oversee the associated tests. (i.e. fire / acoustic testing).
- Support site installation process and resolve any issues
- Establish route cause of problems and work with the rest of the design team to develop robust solutions
- A strong attention to detail
- A passion for innovation and new ideas
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Sound data driven decision making skills
- Ability to self-motivate against demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Is not knocked off balance by ambiguity, uncertainty and change
- Good interpersonal and team leadership skills
Functional Skills and Experiences
- Degree qualification desirable
- HND/HNC/BTEC in engineering, building or architectural technology is essential
- CIAT Accreditation desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Revit and technical drawing
- Ability to demonstrate usage of Revit within the construction or manufacturing industries
- Excellent understanding of Revit and use of AutoCAD and Inventor design programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of timber frame design is highly desirable
- Experience of document control and BIM is desirable
- Understanding and use of Revit and Inventor design programs is highly desirable.