Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Service Desk Engineer to join a leading MSP based in Birmingham, the successful candidate will take ownership of support calls as and when required and act as an escalation point and technical lead for any major outages for both external customers and the company network.
It is paramount that you have MSP experience.
Responsibilities: Senior Service Desk Engineer
- Taking ownership of an issue up to the point of resolution.
- Remaining up to date with the latest technologies and platforms.
- Assist with cross training.
- Work alongside the Support Department Manager.
- Skills and experience: Senior Service Desk Engineer
- Microsoft Windows desktop OS’s – Installation & Troubleshooting skills.
- Microsoft Office all recent versions including 365.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to 2019 Office 365, and Exchange Hybrid Deployment.
- Experienced with message flow and troubleshooting mail server problems and outages.
- Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Microsoft Teams deployment and troubleshooting.
- Strong Networking Skills (TCP/IP, L2&L3, VOIP, VLAN, Spanning Tree, Routing etc.) – Installation & Troubleshooting network issues.
- Knowledge of WAN technologies – xDSL, FTTC, FTTP, 4 & 5G / Leased Lines / Routers etc. installation & troubleshooting.
- Firewall knowledge (NAT Policies, troubleshooting Bandwidth Issues, Traffic Shaping etc.) – Ideally SonicWALL however product training will be provided.
- Knowledge of controller based Wireless technologies and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Server hardware troubleshooting. Knowledge of SAN and shared storage.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation technology with good experience of VMware vSphere & Hyper-V clustering.
- Knowledge of Backup Software – Veeam / Acronis. Desirable Skills: Senior Service Desk Engineer
- SharePoint administration
- Azure AD connects
- Azure MFA
- Azure Conditional Access
- Azure Application Proxy
- Intune / Autopilot
- MS Teams Voice
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
If you are an experienced Senior Service Desk Engineer with an MSP background and looking for a new challenging role then please get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Technology (Birmingham office)