Job – Laboratory Testing Technician
Location - Northamptonshire
Term - Permanent
Salary - £24,879
My client is looking for a Laboratory Testing Technician to join their business on a permanent basis in the Northamptonshire area. The ideal candidate will be familiar with instrumental analysis techniques, for example GC-MS, ICP and HPLC.
The Laboratory Testing Technician role will involve:
- To assist the Laboratory Team Leader with supervision of the workflow through the Chemistry Laboratory
- To train technicians in routine testing and instrument analyst roles
- To carry out primarily non-routine testing to standard procedures in accordance with the company's quality manual in a timely, organised and efficient manner
- Calculate and record results along with other pertinent information in a legible and understandable manner
- To check results, help technicians with troubleshooting and solving problems
- Routine analytical equipment maintenance tasks allocated by the Team Leader
- Working in a safe manner at all times observing risk assessments and wearing appropriate PPE when required
- Operate in safe manner at all times observing risk assessments and wearing appropriate PPE when required
- Work safely when cutting and lifting; maintain work areas in a clean and tidy fashion, free from hazards
- To be flexible working around department needs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Test Laboratory,
- Experience supervising a small team.
- Experience of training staff, a
- High level of written and oral communication,
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Qualification in a science-based subject, preferably Chemistry.
If you could be interested in the role as a Laboratory Testing Technician, please apply with your latest CV as soon as possible along with your availability and salary expectation. Call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.