Job Title: Service Engineer
Department: Parts & Service
Reports to: Commissioning & Service Manager
Based: National (You can be based anywhere in the UK)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key and exclusive client based in the West Midlands who are a global provider of highly technological water treatment solutions. Due to business growth and succession planning they are seeking a Service Engineer on a permanent basis to operate across the nation.
The Service Engineer will provide technical support and field service as necessary to support plant installation, commissioning, equipment maintenance, repair, rebuild, troubleshooting, operator training and warranty commitments.
The Service Engineer will work with the customer to identify and resolve problems.
The position will be based in the local country but assignments will be worldwide.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- To oversee installation of water treatment plant and intake equipment.
- Commissioning and/or supervise the commissioning of water treatment plants and intake equipment.
- Undertake refurbishment contracts on customer’s sites.
- Completion of Commissioning documents and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Plant troubleshooting to improve plant performance and advance product developments. Undertake service visits and preparing service reports.
- Carry out site inspections and site supervision.
- Carry out pre and post commissioning surveys and subsequent reporting as required. Preparation of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Snagging and fault-finding.
- Set up and carry out Client / Operator training on site Preparation of site reports.
- Support sales group for cost estimates on new projects Carry out of plant modifications
- To assist in FAT tests sub-contractor´s premises.
- Implementing, operating and working under a permit to work system. Compliance of the valid safety regulations on site.
- Prepare and advise on the preparation of Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals. Be prepared to work away from home, both in Europe and overseas
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the Company. Execution of Plant Trials and acceptance runs
- Handing over of the plant or services to the customer Cooperation in standardization
- Implementation of QM / OHSAS - requirements
- Bringing in of suggestions for improvements and illustration of possible hazard sources Other duties may be assigned as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Engineering degree or equivalent – Mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering preferred,
Key Experiences and Qualifications
Experienced in installation, refurbishment and commissioning (preferably both mechanical and electrical disciplines) within the water processing industry preferred, or suitably qualified in another industry and willing to learn.
Experience of Site Work required Computer literate (MS Office).
A full UK or EEC driving license
Has achieved credibility related to technical standards and can represent the business on customers sites.
Gathers enough information to allow a trustworthy assessment of issues risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Must be able to describe problems to the customer and the head office staff to help with resolution.
Fluent in local language and English (written and spoken)
Must be self-motivated and able to work remotely from the office.
Managing Multiple Priorities
Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate prioritises to various work demands. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decision.
Comfortable working in a highly computerize environment.
Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software.
Travel: This role involves frequent travel thought the local region with occasional overseas travel.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!