Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (DOE)
Location: Peterborough – Commutable from Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Leicester, King’s Lynn, Grantham, Huntingdon etc.
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leading Automation Solutions organisation. Due to business and project growth, a key and exciting opportunity has risen for a Project Leader specialized within Automation/Controls/PLC Software & Commissioning.
As the Project Lead you will be responsible and be the author of software and commissioning of controls systems and key projects within the business. You will lead projects and distribute work to your software and commissioning team that are assigned to the project. You will oversee the whole team and projects that are assigned to you.
- To carry out his part of the project (specify, plan, test and commission control systems in conjunction with the customer, provide after sales service and customer training) within the quoted specification, timescale and cost targets.
- To complete his part of the project applying the procedures, guidelines, forms and examples stipulated in the quality assurance system.
- To inform the assigned project leader of any problems relating to his part of the project.
- To maintain job files under the supervision of the project leader.
- To procure help on the technical and resource matters from the project leader.
- To inform project leader / production manager about absences in good time.
- To make secure backups of all code modules and data on appropriate media.
- To attend the employee meetings.
- To suggest improvements in all matters (technical, quality, etc.).
- To propose training courses and education in technical and general matters for himself to the project leader or production manager.
- To try to secure good relationships with customers and members of staff.
- To procure help in general affairs from any manager.
- To submit signed time sheets weekly and inform project leaders in case of abnormality.
- -To prepare the commissioning based on checklist C1901PRE.
- -To commission the control system based on checklist C1905COM.
- - To maintain a good working relationship with the customer, key suppliers and team members.
- - To inform the project leader or MMT of any problems.
- - To regularly assess the outstanding work and ask for support in good time.
- - To hand over the project to the customer and provide after sales support.
- - To do the work after commissioning (finish report, return material, inform MMT, etc).
- - To maintain, update (site mark ups) and archive the project documentation.
- To regularly backup all electronic media to avoid data losses.
- To inform production manager about absences in good time.
- To suggest improvements to increase efficiency, save cost, etc.
- To propose training for himself.
I have a full detailed job specification for the role I can share with you once we have had a conversation.
Sound interesting? Please contact Janhoi Campbell for further information and apply today with your latest CV!