IR35 - Outside
Location - Warwickshire – On Site
Term - 3 months+
Rate - £35-40 p/h
A key client in the innovation of power generation based in Warwickshire are looking for a Stress Engineer to join their team for an initial 3 month contract with potential of extending further.
Key Responsibilities of the Stress Engineer:
- Provide general Stress and thermal analysis support to the design engineering team
- Mentor and providing support to junior analysts
- Responsible for undertaking the steady-state and dynamic Thermo-mechanical analysis of a micro-gas turbine and heat exchanger.
- Undertake steady-state & Dynamic structural analysis of generator enclosure, support structure and other ancillaries.
- Feed-back results of analysis into the design team and recommend improvements as part on concurrent design practices.
Key skills and experience of the Stress Engineer :
- 5+ years experience acting in a Stress role
- Ability to use of ANSYS workbench is essential.
- Excellent general understanding of the mechanical design principles of fabricated structures; welds, bolted joints etc is essential.
- Experience of using industry best practices to create analysis methods.
- Ability to undertake lifting and integrity calculations using best practices and from first principles is essential.
- Good understanding of mechanical and thermal stresses within rotating turbomachinery
- Undertaking Rotordynamic analysis
- Thermo-mechanical design of heat exchangers
- Undertaking transportation and shock load analyses on mobile structures
If you’re a Stress Engineer looking for an opportunity to work on exciting innovative projects get in touch now with your updated CV!