TERM- Permanent candidates only
SALARY- £40,000-£47,000 and other great benefits
My client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join a market leading manufacturer in electronics & electro-mechanical systems on a permanent basis in the Oxfordshire area.
The Supply Chain Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree educated in Engineering, Business or Science preferred
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge ERP/MRP systems
- Extensive procurement or supply chain experience with leadership responsibility
- Good interpersonal, leadership and motivation skills
- Natural communicator with ability to influence
- Worked within electronics and overseas supply chains
- Worked in fast pace manufacturing operation
- Lead contract negotiations with suppliers
- Possesses proficient change management skills
- The effective planning of the supply chain schedules to meet business production demands
- Effective management of the buying team to ensure a strong effective performance balanced with good judgement and the development of positive supplier relationships
- Develop and implement SLA's with key suppliers to facilitate enhanced supply and reduce onsite stock holding, whilst maximising availability of materials
- Develop and maintain a suite of KPIs to measure and challenge quality, cost, inventory and delivery performance and act on the results were required
- Lead the contract negotiations for all supplied parts and services
- Manage regular performance review meetings with suppliers and distribution carriers and develop improvement actions for underperforming suppliers.
- Manage the development of the supply chain continuous improvement projects affecting cost, quality, inventory, and delivery
- Develop an Inventory strategy to improve and optimise inventory turns to minimise working capital whilst ensuring business production demands are supported.
- Implement and manage a supplier quality management system that ensures compliance with all relevant standards including managing supplier relationships and auditing
- Ensure all negotiated gains and cost savings are tracked, measured, and delivered
- Effectively and efficiently manage any shortages whilst identify the root cause and monitoring the implementation of corrective actions that need to take place to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Seek and recommend solutions to overcome operational risk issues that arise which can affect the ability of the business to achieve its stated objectives.
- Effectively manage the introduction of new product materials whilst ensuring minimum obsolescence of discontinued materials