Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer/Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Salary: up to £40K plus Car, Phone, Commission
Industry: Bulk Handling & Recycling Machines
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client who specialise in design, manufacture and installation of bulk handling equipment and recycling machinery. Due to new projects and team growth, a new opportunity has become available for a Technical Sales Engineer/Manager to join on a permanent basis.
Purpose of Job:
- To build an additional portfolio of customers and win sales from it.
- To create £1m turnover within 12 months of your employment start.
- To increase your sales turnover to £3m within 3 years of your employment start.
- To develop long-term relationships with new customers wherein trust, honesty, sound advice and a desire to help both businesses become mutually successful are the principal foundations of those relationships.
- To promote the company brand wherever possible.
- To assist the general development, growth and promotion of the Company wherever possible, whether as part of the Sales team or for another area of the business.
- Use all forms of communication to make contact with new and potential prospects and advise them of our products and services.
- To keep in touch with all new contacts to ensure they think of using you when they are looking for new waste handling plant.
- Visit new and existing customers to establish new sales opportunities wherever possible.
- To generate enquiries
- Log all sales enquiries and sales leads with the Sales office by email as soon as they are known.
- Work with the Sales Estimator and Sales Engineer to develop affordable commercial packages with outstanding design proposals that will give the Company the best chance of winning upcoming orders.
- Rvisit customers with their bespoke proposal and guide them through it in person while demonstrating the benefits of it to their business and specific situation.
- Adapt and amend the proposal, and revisit the customer, as often as is necessary to remain in a position to win the business from the customer.
- Deliver presentations to customers about a proposal, or a specific area of it, if required.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close the sale.
- Negotiate any variations in price, delivery and specifications with the customer up to the limitations set up by your supervisor, and thereafter only negotiate beyond these limitations after obtaining your supervisor’s further agreement.
- Record sales and order information and send copies to the sales office.
- Call a Contract Review meeting to handover a Sale to the Projects department.
- Remain up to date with the status of all your live proposals and report these when asked to the Sales Manager.
- Learn the difference between our equipment and that of our competitors.
- Learn the difference between the customer experience when using our business or one of our competitors.
- Learn more about new and existing customers so you understand:their company structure and so deal to the relevant decision-maker
- Work with the Sales team to produce strategies identifying potential new customers and markets; and thereafter launch targeted introduction campaigns using mailshots, telephone calls, emails, presentations, the Internet and visits to their offices/sites in order to generate interest in the Company and its products and services.
- Assist with all Sales and Marketing efforts the Company puts into exhibiting at a trade show.
- Assist with all the Company’s Marketing efforts including but not limited to creating content for the Company’s website, brochures, literature, videos, films, photo database, blogs, social media, PR stories, press releases and news stories.
- Remain abreast of customers identified on the Company’s list of bad debtors so that no commercial offers are made to them but that professional courtesy is always maintained.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create offers for increasing awareness of the company within the market or in new markets.
- Work with the R&D sector of the company to develop new products for the market.
- Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on future buying trends.
- Help to identify new markets and business opportunities.
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
- Contribute as requested to marketing activities.
- Contribute as requested to the sales efforts of the Company in general or the efforts of other Company salespersons, when requested.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- To work with the Sales Estimator, Financial Controller and Sales Manager to develop a faster quoting system
- To work with the Sales Estimator, Financial Controller and Sales Manager to create a new method for generating budget pricing to customers within 24 hours.
- To use, maintain and share with colleagues a standard product price list and to make suggestions for its improvement whenever possible.
- To work on the design and pricing elements within the Company’s ongoing Product Standardisation programme.
- To create a training guide of all your tasks for future employees in this role to reference and use.
- To offer input on any R&D project occurring within the Company.
- To provide monthly reports detailing statistical information relating to sales, if required.
- To attend meetings called by the management.
- To attend site as and when necessitated by the circumstances of a particular project.
- To assist members of the Sales team during tender submissions.
- To bring to the attention of the Sales Director any factor affecting satisfactory and timely completion of a given task.
- To bring to the attention of the Sales Director any information that may be of significant use to the Company in general.
- To offer suggestions aimed at improving any application or process within the Company.
- To follow the procedures set out in the Quality Assurance Manual, the Quality Procedures and the Working Procedures.
- To observe at all times the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974; to maintain generally safe and clean working areas.
- To ensure that work carried out by the job‐holder is inspected during execution and upon completion to ensure that it is defect‐free before onward transmission.
- To work reasonable overtime when requested, as required by the pattern of work.
- To carry out any other duties within the job‐holder’s capability, including transferring to other work, as and when required.