Industry: Steel Manufacturing
Salary: £25K - £35K Pa, dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), Travel to work contribution.
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in Structural Steel. Our client is based in Shropshire. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Workshop Foreman or Woman to join the Manufacturing team on a permanent basis.
Workshop Foreman/Woman will be responsible for day to day running of the workshop.
- Quality control, Managing Staff, Deliveries, ordering stock/materials, Welding/Fabrication of a range of standard and non-standard parts to drawing, loading/unloading and be a key holder for the workshop/yard.
- Maintaining accurate records for CE marking such as weld tests and other paperwork
- Ensuring workshop machinery is operated safely and kept in good repair, organising servicing and maintenance when necessary.
- Promoting safe working practices and to maintain a productive and tidy workshop.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- An in-depth understanding of Welding and Fabrication processes
- Knowledge of current CE marking requirements for structural steel.
- Good awareness of Health & Safety.
- Forklift operation qualifications.
- A high level of self-motivation and pride in their work.
- The ability to communicate at all levels and build a good rapport with staff and customers.
- Practical experience in a similar role is preferred.
Hours of work: 8-hour day shift
If you could be interested in the role as a Workshop Foreman/Woman, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.