Buyer – Newport Area
Purpose of Role
Manage the purchasing activities for production projects, playing a vital role in ensuring project requirements are met through sourcing, negotiating, and procuring material critical to our innovative designs.
• Manage purchasing activities on projects ensuring critical timings are understood and met.
• Request and analyse supplier quotations, raising purchase orders with the best value suppliers.
• Communicate with suppliers and wider project team on lead times, pricing, and delivery dates.
• Negotiate pricing and lead times with suppliers.
• Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
• Manage and maintain adequate stock levels.
• Ensure that all materials are ordered and managed via the SAGE 200 MRP system.
• Assist the Procurement Lead in developing new and existing component and tooling suppliers.
• Support the Quality Manager in supplier audits for parts and tooling.
• Ensure that annual contracts are controlled, and that sufficient timing is generated to allow for the appropriate levels of negotiation.
• Facilitate technical calls and discussion with suppliers and engineering ensuring part feasibility is understood and agreed.
• Minimum 3 years purchasing experience.
• Strong organisational, planning and time management skills.
• Previous experience working in an engineering / manufacturing environment advantageous.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequent changing priorities.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Be able to listen and communicate with key stakeholders.
• Competent in communicating technical requirements to the supply base
• CIPS accreditation is desirable but not mandatory.
• Computer literacy including Word and Excel; Sage 200 experience would be desirable.
• Valid UK Driving Licence and Passport - Willing and able to travel globally.
For more information about this role please apply, or email Kelly Blanchard on email@example.com who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group