Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £28,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
Job type: Full time / Permanent
Great benefits package Included
Job title & company overview:
A brilliant engineering and development specialist organization based in Northamptonshire are now looking to grow their talented, innovative, and passionate Research & Development engineering team with the addition to recruit for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the organization creating a big impact within a worldwide industry.
The Embedded Software Engineering role would be excellent for a Graduate or Junior Embedded Software Engineer who is looking to further establish and grow in their respective engineering careers.
As the Embedded Software Engineer, you will have benefit of work in a leading global company, with a dedicated team leader and manger who care about you, your strengths and will assist you to develop the finest possible version of yourself. The successful Embedded Software Engineer will need to able to design, develop, test, and debug embedded software as well as ensuring the software requirements are accurately defined as part of the defined design processes.
The salary on offer for successful Embedded Software Engineer is £28,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
Embedded Software Engineer Key Skills:
- 1-3+ years minimum industry experience
- Experience of software development from concept through to delivery
- Embedded Software Programming in C
- C programming on embedded targets & systems
- Good experience of microcontrollers & microprocessors
- PIC32 microcontroller experience
- Good knowledge & experience of C#, .NET, WPF, Win Forms, Java, SQL
- IDEs: Code blocks, Eclipse, MPLAB, AVR studio, NetBeans, Keil, IAR or similar
- Experience of Embedded software maintenance and debugging
- Capability of reading electronic schematics and component datasheets
Desirable nice to have skills:
- Software Project Framework: Agile (Scrum), V model
- Embedded C++
- Version Control – GIT, SVN, Jira, Mercurial or similar
- Real time operating systems experience
- Network interface – I2C, USB, UART, RS232/485, CAN, Ethernet
- MISRA C
- Experience of Hardware Design – Electronics Circuit Design, PCB Design
- UML modelling
- AUTOSAR Experience
- Excellent career opportunities
- BUPA Cash plan - Single level of membership paid for by the company. Employees can upgrade - additional costs taken from monthly salary.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance - Single level of membership paid for by the company. Employees can upgrade - additional costs taken from monthly salary.
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 Days holiday
- Pension - 5% Employee and 7% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life assurance - 4 x basic salary
- Free on-site parking
If you are a growing Embedded Software Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a successful engineering organisation, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for further information.
Not for you? – We pay up to £500 for a successful referral