Manchester / Part Remote
£60,000 - £80,000
A leading organisation which specialises in online eCommerce stores, offering a range of products for their B2C client base within a niche sporting industry, have an exciting opportunity to add a Lead PHP Developer to their current team. The Lead PHP Developer will be based out of their site on the outskirts of Manchester, on a part remote basis.
The current code base has been written from the ground up and maintained by a sole developer, and due to the increased traffic through the website, and demand for their product increasing, they have plans to expand and grow the team by adding a Lead PHP Developer. The primarily role will include assisting in the development of new scalable web-based solutions, as well as improving their existing legacy platforms, improving the overall feel and look of the site to make it as user friendly as possible. As a Lead PHP Developer, you will be responsible for the whole development life cycle, managing the end-end process, writing clean and well documented code. The Lead PHP Developer is encouraged to be proactive when it comes to best practices.
The codebase has recently been migrated to PHP 7 and is completely bespoke, with a view to move into modern MVC frameworks, such as Laravel or Symfony. Therefore, the Lead PHP Developer will have free range on what framework they chose to implement.
- 4-5+ years commercial experience
- Experience with Vanilla PHP as well as a modern MVC framework (Laravel/Symfony or similar)
- Able to take ownership of projects and comfortable liaising with stakeholders at a high level
- Experience within a LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Working with various API integrations, 3rd party, RESTful API’s etc
- Following best practices and SOLID principals
- Ideally experience across both Procedural and OOP
- Adding in functionality, as well as maintaining and upgrading the current code base, fixing bugs etc
If you are Lead PHP Developer, looking to join a well-established and award-winning company as they expand due to growth, then please apply directly or get in touch on 01618 718 811.
Alternatively, please send you most recent CV to email@example.com