JOB – Manufacturing Engineer
LOCATION – Lewes
SALARY – £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis in the Lewes area with experience in the Manufacturing Industry. Your main duties will include assisting to improve and implement new manufacturing processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as an Engineer.
- Previous experience working with engineering manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing methods.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and management.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- Experience using cycle time analysis and shop floor analysis - beneficial
The Manufacturing Engineer role will involve:
- Assisting the other members of the engineering team and reporting to the Manufacturing Manager
- Liaising with the management team to advise where manufacturing processes can improve efficiency, reduce waste costs and contribute culture of continuous improvement.
- Carrying out new process implementations.
- Helping to advise on factory layouts and new automated machinery
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.