Industry: Manufacturing, Mechanics
Salary: £30K - £36.5K Pa, dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 25-28 days holiday (depending on length of Service - excluding Bank Hols), Free Health Cash Plan and a 10% Employer Pension contribution.
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading bearings Manufacturer. Our client is based in Norfolk, due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the business excellence and manufacturing engineering department.
The role will be ideal for a flexible candidate that has the potential to support various manufacturing disciplines, such as CNC turning/milling/grinding, foundry casting, assembly, and hardening processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and liaise with all manufacturing personnel to aid the successful resolution of technical issues in daily manufacturing activities.
- Define production methods and costs including tooling requirements and technical support for the manufacture of new and existing products lines variants.
- Maintain, update and improve key Factory Production Processes to solidify process control regarding safety, quality, delivery and cost improvements on existing and new products.
- Actively participate in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing initiatives and support others in lean methodology to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support and prepare capital investment requests and lead technical implementation of projects and factory engineering trials to delivery and cost constraints.
- To support manufacturing engineering team activities as required within the department (Production routings, CNC programming, tooling selection, CAD etc.)
- Communicate presentations and technical reports, both verbally and in writing. Comply with statutory and company regulations regarding health and safety and the wellbeing of the team.
Skills & Abilities:
- Relevant HND/HNC in Engineering, or an Engineering Apprenticeship with proven experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within machining with process development experience.
- Good technical knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and processes
- Clear understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and a strong motivation for improvement
- Able to positively incorporate themselves into the team, support corporate vision and values and company strategy.
- Detailed analytical skills with a logical approach to problem-solving.
- Be results orientated with the ability to successfully support the factory engineering team.
- Learning mindset, highly adaptable to change, professional and open minded to new ways of working.
- Strong IT literacy including basic knowledge of CAD systems.
- Fluent in English
- 25-28 days holiday (depending on length of Service - excluding Bank Hols)
- Free Health Cash Plan (Medicash) providing payment for routine dental treatment (up to £120), Optical (up to £120), prescriptions (up to £30), special Consultations (up to £500), Diagnostic tests / scans (up to £500), complimentary therapies, eg physio, acupuncture, osteopathy, chiropractic assessment & treatment (up to £400), access to wellbeing portal and EE counselling service
- Employer Pension contribution 10%
If you could be interested in the role as a Manufacturing Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.