LOCATION – West Sussex
SALARY – £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis in the West Sussex area with experience in the Engineering / Assembly Manufacturing Industry. Your main duties will include assisting to improve and implement new manufacturing processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as an Engineer.
- Previous experience working an assembly manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing methods.
- Have the ability to communicate with other members of staff and management.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- Understanding of Electronics manufacturing processes – advantageous
- Experience using cycle time analysis and shop floor analysis - very beneficial
- Assisting the other members of the engineering team and reporting to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Liaising with the management team to advise where manufacturing processes can improve efficiency, reduce waste costs and contribute culture of continuous improvement.
- Carrying out new process implementations.
- Helping to advise on factory layouts and new automated machinery