JOB- Mechanical Design Draughstman
LOCATION- Near Hounslow
SALARY- Circa £24,000 - £28,000 per annum – Dependent on experience so please advise what you’re looking for (plus benefits + bonus)
My client designs and manufactures a range of processing equipment and they are looking for a Mechanical Design Draughtsman to join their business on a permanent basis near the Hounslow area.
The Mechanical Design Draughtsman will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in Mechanical Engineering (BTEC/ HNC/ HND/ Degree or similar)
- Proficiency with using CAD software (AutoCAD Inventor and Vault preferable but others may also be considered)
- 2 years’ or more of industry experience in a design role within a manufacturing environment
- Experienced working with different materials – steels, plastics and rubber etc.
- Have good knowledge of manufacturing processes – machining, welded fabrications
- Have great attention to detail
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team
The Mechanical Design Draughtsman role will involve:
- Carrying out drawings for the modifications of parts
- Providing technical support to other departments – involving installation layout drawings for customer quotations, fault finding and helping to resolve technical queries
- Carrying out development design work using Autodesk Inventor CAD software
- Designing and testing new and modified equipment
- Checking sales orders on the technical side of things
- Producing the required BOM’s for the associated designs
- Working to the company ISO9001 procedures
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.