Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £32K
Industry Bespoke Machinery & Handling Equipment
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and market leader in handling equipment & machinery. Due to team and project growth a new opportunity has become available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the successful team.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will have an innovative problem-solving approach to product design, preparing concepts and prototypes to improve our current products as well as create new ones.
Your role will include:
- Develop and design products and prototypes in SolidWorks Create detailed drawing for manufacture and assembly
- Preparing Bills of Materials, exploded drawing and manuals
- Attention to detail is essential due to short manufacturing lead times
- Strong IT skills and confidence - MS Office and Excel, with database skills/usage an advantage
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships quickly Enjoys working in a fast paced exciting environment
- Degree or equivalent work experience is also essential
Experience in the following areas will be a distinct advantage:
- Pneumatic circuits
- Various manufacturing techniques including sheet metal and machining Electronic control cabinets construction
- Belt and pulley drive systems Conveyor construction
- Motor/gearbox sizing
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. No visa sponsorship available.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!