Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: DOE – £30K - £36K
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in specialist test applications for a diverse range of industries, from Aerospace and Pharmaceutical, to Automotive and Nuclear research as well as leading UK Universities closely linked with these sectors.
- Mechanical assembly of products to specifications. Onsite activities to include installation, commissioning, and investigation of failures in services, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work to meet the customer’s required specification or standard
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times and adherence to health and safety practices in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Involvement in projects and contributing to the improvement of production processes, competencies and systems
- Ensure quality procedure and polices are being followed
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform other tasks outside of main objectives or direct responsibilities
- Support change management activities within the organisation, adapting well to new challenges in any area of the workplace
- Produce accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- Create internal and external correspondence that are appropriate in frequency, tone and content to the recipient
- File and store written documentation correctly, in line with Company procedures
- Communicate accurate information to appropriate person or department in a timely manner
- Engage in discussions and offers suggestions and solutions to improve business processes
- Proactively approach staff to clarify information and resolve issues
- Collaborate with other departments and teams, including other Group companies where necessary and sharing knowledge to support business activities
- Providing accurate information to relevant departments in order to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Engage in annual performance appraisals, performance reviews and personal improvement or development plans in line with business objectives
- Undertake any reasonable requests for training, either internally or externally, in order to improve performance and capabilities
- Organise own time (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers etc.) to complete tasks to the required standard, schedule and budget, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new and existing customers, providing high quality support and assistance
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner, through written or verbal communications (to include correct grammar, punctuation, language, tone and content where applicable)
- Providing accurate information to customers through the production of instruction manuals, procedures and technical documentation as required
- Providing technical support to customers and understand the nature of the enquiry, informing the appropriate department where further action is required
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement within department. Production of procedures, instruction manuals and technical documentation
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including health and safety, personal protective equipment,
- Adopt safe working practices within your team in line with current company procedures and to understand appropriate training in Health and Safety
- Ensuring maintenance of tools, using equipment safely and correctly, and working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Reporting any faulty equipment or tools to the appropriate Line Manager.
- Reporting any accidents or injuries to the company first aid representative and following accident reporting procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Ideally apprentice trained
- Use of basic measuring equipment
- Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic components and assembly
- Ideally experience of commissioning and testing hydraulic systems
- Operation of general workshop equipment
- IT skills, exposure to Microsoft Office and Outlook packages
- Logical thinking
- Works well under pressure and part of a team
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Organising and Problem solving