SALARY- £35,000-£40,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Production Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Bristol area. The role will involve identifying bottlenecks and eliminating non-value added activities making improvements to productivity, cost, quality and health & safety.
The Production Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HND/HNC qualified or equivalent experience in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic disciplines
- Have experience working as a Manufacturing/ Production Engineer within product development in a similar environment
- Be able to read engineering drawings
- Electro-mechanical assembly environment experience
- Proactive hands on problem solver
- Results driven and proactive
- Comfortable with high pressure and fast paced working
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Working on both existing and new R&D projects
- Create and maintain controlled documentation such as Process flows, tool drawings, component specs, BOMs and work instructions (SOP’s)
- Work closely with the Lean team to develop and implement best practices, routines and solutions to improve production rates, Quality and output
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts, designing jigs and fixtures where necessary
- Use practical mechanical, electrical and electronic expertise when fault finding.
- Participate in NPI reviews to ensure only most production efficient designs are released into production
- Delivering continuous improvement, operational excellence, and lean improvements
- Identify & present ideas for improving productions processes improving profitability, quality and throughput or H&S.