LOCATION- Dorset area
TERM- Permanent candidates only
SALARY- £27,000 - £32,000 and other great benefits
We are looking for a Production Planner on a permanent based in the Dorset area with strong knowledge of electro-mechanical parts and experience in a machine shop environment.
The Production Planner will ideally have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience of Production planning in a manufacturing environment
- ONC in Engineering related discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems (preferably SAP)
- Sound knowledge of machining processes
- Experience with SQL and knowledge of relationship databases desirable
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Self- motivated individual
- Works effectively in a small team
- Develops, maintain and communicate the production plan to achieve and exceed on time delivery targets.
- Create bill of materials from Engineering drawing packs
- Identifies any upcoming capacity issues and work closely with the relevant members of the team to offer solutions to these issues
- Creates and maintains jobs in line with the ERP system processes to ensure accurate WIP valuations and capacity planning.
- Expediting orders from suppliers ensuring no bottlenecks arise in Productions
- Assist the buyer in procurement activities
- Ensures the shipping plan is maintained, including sales order information prior to shipments.
- Delivers capacity plans in line with the S&OP process, ensuring resource, training, materials and equipment plans are in place.
- Supports continuous improvements on the line, developing and building on existing processes to improve production flow, on-time starts and inventory accuracy.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.