£25,000 to £32,000 DOE
Premier Engineering are currently searching for a Quality Technician to join their team ASAP due to an increased workload across the team, this role is a Permanent position with a view of progressing over the next 12 months
Primary roles and responsibilities, will involve providing a greater focus on processes and product audit and inspection activities, and driving and sustaining improvements such as 5S. Provide reactive support relating to internal quality issues, inspections, and containment actions, including issuing and managing quality alerts
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in an inspection role within the manufacturing environment. Hold an HNC in a manufacturing / engineering discipline. Has strong knowledge of dimensional inspection methodologies. .
You are a professional Quality Engineer who works well in a team and has the ability to drive change, implement improvements and make a difference. A strong knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing is key along with strong knowledge of using MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
At this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’re reading. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Turntide's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want people to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay, and do their best work here.
- Monitoring and measuring equipment is fit-for-purpose
- Inspection of goods received (dimensional, surface finish etc) in accordance with the agreed sampling methodology, including maintenance of the Goods In Inspection Register.
- Inspection of finished product, including Initial Sample Inspection Reports (ISIRs) to ensure they meet Customer Requirements.
- Raising of Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) where supplied parts or finished goods do not meet specification and ensuring they are quarantined to prevent unintended use or shipment.
- Supporting the Warranty Returns process – primarily controlling the receipt and initial checks on returned products.
- Supporting manufacturing operations via patrol inspections / audits, and implementation of containment actions and issue of supporting documentation such as Quality Alerts.