SALARY- £42,000-£46,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Senior Buyer on a permanent basis in the Hampshire area to work closely with manufacturing. The ideal candidate will be confident handling negotiations and risks within the supply chain and be competent in implementing contracts
The Senior Buyer will ideally have the following attributes:
- 2+ years experience of Procurement in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Self- motivated individual
- Works effectively in a small team
- Flexible approach to meeting deadlines
- Inventory management. Work with internal and external partners to optimise stock and ensure stock is provided in line with product lifecycle and business requirements.
- Work with Product/Programme team to manage procurement actions in new product introduction
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Actioning the requirements of MRP.
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives – deliver cost savings through skilled negotiation
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP, i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Product Development - Support relevant new product build activities involving suppliers, taking full ownership of new product parts from order placement through to availability in the factory, for each build cycle
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Continuous Improvement. Work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working.
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI’s (OTD, Quality, PPV) and publish along with action plans to deliver agreed targets
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.