SALARY- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (plus benefits)
I am working on an exciting opportunity with a client that manufactures a range of different products for leading industries. They are looking to expand their design team by taking on a Senior Design Engineer to work in their office in Bournemouth.
The Senior Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Knowledge/ Experience of Mechanical / Electromechanical Design
- 5 + years’ experience as a Design Engineer
- Knowledge / experience with designing (injection moulding, machined components design)
- Engineering qualification (BEng, MEng, HND, HNC, BSc etc.) in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Excellent 3D CAD skills Inventor / SolidWorks or similar
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Be keen to develop with a company long term
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent concept generation (NPD)
The Senior Design Engineer role will involve:
- Working within the current engineering team and managing Junior Design Engineers
- Producing engineering documents in line with contracts and projects
- Producing 3D designs using CAD software
- Optimise medium / high volume products, focusing on Design for Manufacture, reduced material cost and improved performance
- Generating the BOM’s to go with the associated designs
- Liaising with colleagues on other engineering tasks as required
- Coming up with new ideas to help improve business
- To undertake and record calculations on studies to validate the design.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.