Job title: Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 dependent on skillset and experience
Hybrid working: 3 days onsite and 2 days working from home
Great benefits package – See below
Company overview & Job Title:
A prestigious and excellent multi-disciplined specialist engineering organization based in Warwickshire who employ over 120 of the best engineers and support staff in which the organisation are a highly innovative and expert technology business deeply involved in Electronics/Electrical Engineering & Renewable Energy have a brand exciting new role in which they’re now seeking to hire for Senior Power Electronics Engineer to join the organisation on a permanent basis.
The organisation is looking for an experienced Senior Power Electronics Engineer, who will have great promotional and growth aspects in which you will become the design lead for one or more electronic modules.
This organization can offer sponsorship to overseas and UK Based Senior Power Electronics Engineers.
Hybrid working policy:
The hybrid working policy at the moment is set office days of Monday Wednesday and Friday, and staff can work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Salary on offer
The salary on offer for the Senior Power Electronics Engineer is £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
Power Electronics Engineer Key Skills:
- Degree or higher education in electrical & electronic engineering or demonstrable equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Preferably experience having successfully taken designs from concept into volume production
- Sound knowledge and experience of Electronics Circuit Design (analogue/digital)
- Hand on design and development of power electronics designs
- Power Electronics Experience for DC/DC Converters
- Experience of variable speed drives for 3-phase BLDC machines, and single phase 230V ac inverters at the 10-20kW level
- Competent and experienced in high voltage (+400V DC) testing of power electronics modules
- Experience of state-of-art power electronic components (e.g. MOSFET’s IGBTs, diodes, SiC/GaN transistors, gate drive, transformers, and capacitors)
- PCB Design & Schematic Capture
- Experienced and capable in use of modelling and simulation, using tools such Simetrix LTSpice, PLECs, or similar
- An understanding of design for EMC and the associated testing
- Modelling, control, design, and test of various power electronics-based electrical components, such as Rectifiers, Inverters, Switch Mode Power Supplies for applications like smart-grid, more electric aircraft, hybrid/full electrical vehicles, and renewable energy integration
- In depth knowledge and experience in the design and development of Rechargeable Battery Systems, Motor Drives / Inverters / SMPS / for high volume consumer electronics
- Experience of C/C++ programming for embedded systems
- 33 Days Holiday inc Bank Holiday
- Office hours are 08:30 – 17:00pm
- Most engineers choose to work 07:30am – 16:00pm
- Life assurance 4x salary
- Match up to 6% on pension
- Offer private medical insurance fully covered by the company with a provider called Vitality
If you are interested in the above Senior Power Electronics Engineering position and think you have the skills required as a Senior Power Electronics Engineer, please don’t hesitate to apply and contact Frank Kanjanda on email@example.com or call 01217961888 for information.
Not for you but know someone who may be interested? We do offer up to £500 upon placement of successful referrals!