LOCATION - Bedford
TERM - Permanent
SALARY - £40,000 - £45,000 + Overtime
My client - a manufacturer of Bespoke Special Purpose Machinery across a number of sectors are on the lookout for a Service / Commissioning Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis near Bedford. The ideal candidate will be Electrically biased with strong PLC Programming ability and experience of commissioning machinery within Domestic and International markets.
The Service Engineer Will Ideally Have The Following Attributes:
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 or above in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering.
- Strong experience of Machinery Wiring and assembly.
- Knowledge of PLC Programming for Automation Systems. Siemens S7 or Allen-Bradley will be preferable, although other systems will be considered.
- Background in SAT and FAT Test of Production Machinery.
- Experience in Commissioning of bespoke machinery on customer sites.
- Proven ability to work in a Field Service based position; managing your own schedule efficiently.
The Service Engineer's Duties Will Involve:
- Delivering Technical Support and upgrades to equipment on customer sites.
- Fault Finding and alteration of PLC coding; primarily on Siemens S7 software.
- Responding to break downs and faults in an quick and effective manner.
- Wiring and Rewiring of Electrical Systems.
- Contributing to Design feedback on current systems to improve reliability and function of products going forward.
If you are interested in this Service and Commissioning Engineering position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.