I am currently working with an IT organisation based in Warwickshire as they look to expand their team. They are looking for a Software Support Engineer with a background in IT with at least 2 years’ experience to join their business. As a Software Support Engineer, you will be responsible for liaising with Development, Sales and Service teams to resolve customer and internal issues as they arise.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with existing customers, partners and colleagues.
- Provide world class remote customer service.
- Provide world class product and technical support for end users and colleagues, ranging from system/software installation and setup to in-depth issue analysis and database interrogation.
- Ownership of customer issues through to resolution.
- Issues owned kept within our designated SLA timeframes at all times.
- Liaise with other technical teams; QA, Development and implementation, to assist in resolving problems with software products and customer issues.
- Managing your own assigned issues, but also working in collaboration with the rest of the Operations Team to aid in issue resolution.
- Managing minor projects and projects items assigned to you through to implementation.
- Provide On-call support to key clients on a rota basis (after 6-month probation and training).
- Desirable - proven experience in an Application Support role or similar.
- A background or keen interest in IT.
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to product advancements, workload and nature of issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a solid work ethic and an emphasis on quality and process.
- Highly logical with a keen attention to detail and broad technically proficiency.
- Desirable - Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Database interrogation.
If you’re a Software Support Engineer looking for a new challenge, ensure you apply now or get in touch with Dorcas on 0121 796 1888 or e-mail on email@example.com.