Salary: £20K – £25K
Reports to: Procurement
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key and exclusive client based in the West Midlands who are a global provider of highly technological water treatment solutions. Due to business growth and succession planning they are seeking a Supply Chain Documentation Administrator on a permanent basis.
Provide professional and innovative administration support services for a Professional Procurement department.
The role will include involvement in assigned areas / contracts and ensuring full Documentation Control support to key stakeholders and customers utilising appropriate standardised templates where applicable. The role will also be fully responsible for the management and data reliability within the Vendor Database.
Subject to guidance from the Head of Procurement, Project Buyer, and Commodities Buyer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following.
- Organise and prioritise work daily with flexibility to change plan as needed according to manager requirements and work load.
- Supply Chain Expediting, using email and telephone where required.
- Type, format and produce reports, correspondence, memos, and other documents of a technical or confidential nature.
- Correspond between customer departments and offices to ensure that documentation is appropriate, adequate and correct.
- Maintain direct contact with key personnel in other departments and offices.
- Establish and maintain file systems and computer databases appropriate to the department/project.
- Assist with any special assignments or projects as requested/required.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Actively manage the Documentation deliverables as determined by the Supplier Documents Requirement list (SDRL) within all Contracts placed.
- Log receipt of documentation deliverables from vendors to allow invoices to be approved.
- Distribute and manage the approval timeframe of documents to relevant departments for approval.
- File and maintain records throughout the completion of a project.
- Maintain library of routinely used vendor documentation.
- Collation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals data as required by internal departments and vendors. These documents may be in company standard format or to a contract specification.
- Compile End of Manufacturing Reports (EOMR) from the quality data supplied by vendors. These documents may be in company standard format or to a contract specification.
- Produce the required number of paper and electronic copies of the O&M’s and EOMR’s.
- Assist Project Managers with document submittals to customers.
- Liaise with other departments, and provide documentation support, where required.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the Head of Procurement.
Assist with the following;
- Set up and actively manage and maintain schedules for the timely submission and completion of all drawings, documents, technical data, manufacturing and installation schedules, as agreed with the customer and Project Engineers/Managers.
- Progress of technical submissions, ensuring correct and timely transmittal of technical documents. Gain documentation approvals from the clients where necessary.
- Where required develop document submittal procedures to meet the requirement of each particular project.
- Work with the Project Buyer in order to present a Project Documentation status precis during Project Buyer led Procurement Project Review meetings.
- Report any variations to the Head of Procurement, Project Engineer/Manager, including costs and any problems that may change the forecast delivery, profitability, warranty, etc of projects. Administer the change process for each project.
- Maintain an effective system of contract / Project management, including concise files and records of submissions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (M= Mandatory, D = Desirable)
GCSE Mathematics A – C Grade (M)
GCSE English A – C Grade (M)
A Level or Equivalent further education; ideally in an Engineering or technical discipline (D).
Demonstrable experience in a similar or relatable environment.
Ability to understand, read, write and converse in English.
Able respond effectively to sensitive enquires and complaints.
Confident using telephone and face to face communication.
INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT, DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING
Must be a team player with the ability to own tasks however should also be able to work with limited supervision once training has been completed.
Regular use of independent judgment in the performance of job duties.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills: Experience of Office computer systems including Word and Excel, Outlook and PDF writer, Relatable experience of business ERP systems (Enterprise Resource Planning).
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!