Salary: £38,000 + £6,000 car allowance
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Infrastructure Services Consultant to join a leading organisation based in Birmingham.
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed.
Responsibilities: Technical Infrastructure Services Consultant
- Implementing technologies including Microsoft Windows (2016/2019 Server, Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Server, SQL Server (2014/2017/2019), Active Directory Domain Services, Exchange Server 2016/2019, O365, Internet connectivity WatchGuard & Forcepoint Firewalls, Ubiquiti Wi-Fi solutions, Veeam Backup & Replication, Sophos Endpoint Protection, Sage CRM & ERP solutions in a mixed thick / thin client environment.
- Able to migrate IT systems from Microsoft legacy server based products to supported versions Migrate on-premise Microsoft Exchange to O365
- Able to complete technical implementation and validation of other non-integration projects
- Ensuring all post integration and build documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Handing over to internal Sage ERP & CRM application consultants post installation
- Ability to present technical information in a non-technical manner
- Able to provide re-active 3rd line support to our customers with a complete “end to end” hosted solution.
- Able to investigate and solve issues with the above products
- Responsible for the build and commissioning of mixed Intel server hardware platforms
- Able to complete complex multi-site IT system integrations into a core infrastructure, following known documented standards.
Skills and experience: Technical Infrastructure Services Consultant
- The ability to perform IT Infrastructure transformations and migrations
- TCPIP Networking knowledge and the ability to perform network rationalisation and troubleshooting
- Maintain technical documentation
- Hosted solution configuration and support when scheduled
- Site Surveys in support of Infrastructure Services proposals
- Server, PC, Laptop and Thin Client configuration & Imaging.
- Good network infrastructure administration & support experience, preferably WAN, LAN & Firewall technologies
- Strong Active Directory knowledge, including group policy (GPO) management
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 and 2019
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS 2016 and 2019)
- Understanding of high availability & virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V & Microsoft Clustering
- Comfortable using PowerShell and command line
- Microsoft qualification(s) such as MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, Azure Certified, O365 Certified.
If you are an experienced Technical Infrastructure Services Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity in a well-established organisation, then please do get in touch with Jenny Collin at Premier Group (Birmingham office)