Role – Technical Buyer
Salary – £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
Type - Permanent
Location – Leicester Area
A well-established manufacturing company, based in heart of the East Midlands, who are a leading manufacturer and supplier of bespoke machinery have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Buyer to join their team.
The company is currently in a period of growth and looking to bring Technical Buyer to support the purchasing team within the business.
- Collecting and analysing data, follow purchasing recommendations from ERP to predict and procure parts required for manufacturing.
- Identifying quality standards and ensuring that all products meet those standards.
- Collating customer feedback.
- Negotiating with suppliers to agree prices, quantities, delivery schedules
- Expediting of purchased parts and products
- Reviewing stock levels though existing stock management process, plan and expedite procurement of required stock and supply stock reporting information to senior management
- Delivering reports on sales data, procurement activity and other metrics to the senior management team and other stakeholders
- Conducting competitor research
- Adapting product offering based on customer feedback and behavior
- Develop, seek approval of, implement and systematically review a supplier development plan for own supplier portfolio to deliver agreed business objectives.
- Identify and implement cost savings in line with business goals and objectives for your portfolio of suppliers
Skills and Qualifications
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Experience in a buyer role within a manufacturing/engineering industry.
- Ability to compile & analyse data & maintain master data
- Ability to work on own initiative with good written & oral skills
- Effective time & deadline management – ability to prioritise effectively
- Degree or CIPS qualification desirable
- Experience of using ERP systems / SAP.
For more information about this role please apply, or email Kelly Blanchard on email@example.com who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group